Wednesday, August 31, 2011

You never wonder why.

Many people used to say that "People are bound to change as time passes." I never used to believe in that, but now I do because I, myself, realized that I've changed. I kept thinking, what had happened to the girl that like to play sports? The girl that has the guts to fool around and make new friends? The girl who likes to dance? The girl who was never afraid to confront people? This girl has eventually disappeared from my life. Ever since I've switched from a private school to a government school, everything has changed. This girl has turned into a shy and introvert person that quit playing sports, sing & dance. What had happened to her? Thoughts that had been in my head for all these years.

I moved to New York when I was sixteen. Although I feel happier living in the states, but there are problems that I needed to face, my parents. For all these years I've never told them how I felt and what my thoughts are. Even when we're back at Malaysia. A few months after we moved to the states, my parents and I had a huge argument. They said I've changed. Honestly, I have not changed a bit. I'm still the same. The only difference is that when we're back at Malaysia, the both of you have no time for me. I couldn't  talk to you guys because you both are the worst parents I've ever saw. Yes, the both of you love me with all your heart. But the only thing that you've missed is understanding your own daughter. You never let me out. NEVER. I'm always home. Every single day. You said you wouldn't let me out until I turn eighteen. 

I know that all parents are afraid that their children would meet bad friends and turn into a bad child. But the thing is, you've got to let your children learn from their mistakes. You've finally let me out when I turn sixteen, which is not a good time because I know NOTHING when I leave the house. Do you know how scared I was? You fucking yelled at me because you said I'm sixteen and I don't even know how to order foods from Mc Donald's. Do you ever thought of why?!?! Because you've never let me out. I know nothing, dad! And you dare to question me why am I so shy? 

I'm turning eighteen, dad. Please stop controlling me. I'm not saying that I'm older enough to do whatever I want, but as a father, you should trust your own daughter that she's older enough to know what she's doing. Everyone has their own privacy, but YOU said our family doesn't. You're crossing the line! That's too much, dad! There's so much about you that I've never liked and will never like! You have absolutely no idea how much I want you out of my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment